> News > Local News > February 2018 > Vidalia man dies in fire
Bookmark this page!  


Vidalia man dies in fire
from The Concordia Sentinel
February 1, 2018 -

VIDALIA, La. —A 60-year-old Vidalia man died in an early morning house fire on South Spruce Street on Monday.

Officials say Terence Conley was pronounced dead at the scene, was sleeping on the porch where the fire started.

Concordia Parish Coroner Jim Graves said the cause of death appears to be smoke inhalation, but toxicology reports are still pending.

Vidalia Fire Chief Johnny Evans said his department got the call around 10 a.m.

"Friends and neighbors said he stayed on the porch and that the house was locked," Evans said. "He had a bed out there and would cover up with blankets even when it was cold. We don't know how the fire started, and can't even speculate. There was no chimney or anything to see where it may have started."

Firefighters found the man’s body in the bed he had set up on the screen porch, where it appeared he had never moved, Evans said.


Read more from the Concordia Sentinel.

What do you think about it? | © 2014 | All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | EEO | Contact Us